The Springfield Retirement Board Meeting Scheduled for September 2, 2020 will be held remotely as a Result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Public can access the meeting remotely via GoToMeeting at
https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/918063565 . You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3212 - Access Code: 918-063-565
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 2, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on August 5, 2020.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability/Involuntary Ordinary Disability Application-
Jessica Henderson-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability/Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application–Joseph Assad-Facilities
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Joseph Assad, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application–Kenneth Davis-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Kenneth Davis, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application–Juan Guzman-Springfield Housing Authority
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Juan Guzman, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #6-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Michael Kneeland-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Acidental Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi.
Agenda Item #7 Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. George Flanagan, Sergeant, Police Department with 33 years and 4 months as of 9/14/2020.
2. Lisa Goodrow, Principal Clerk, School Department with 28 years as of 9/26/2020.
3. Winsome Grant, Paraprofessional, School Department with 16 years and 1 month as of 8/26/2020.
4. Ann Keefe, Manager/Technical Services, Springfield Library with 42 years and 4 months as of 9/1/2020.
5. Steven Levierge, Senior Custodian, School Department with 38 years and 2 months as of 9/15/2020.
6. Marna Reardon, Administrative Assistant, City Treasurer’s with 33 years and 9 months as of 9/5/2020.
7. Philip Tarpey, Police Captain, Police Department with 36 years and 2 months as of 8/29/2020.
8. Ida Williams, Paraprofessional, School Department with 21 years and 8 months as of 8/21/2020.
9. Karen Winkler, Paraprofessional, School Department with 28 years and 5 months as of October 13, 2020.
Agenda Item #8-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #41 Refunds in the amount of $71,943.80
Warrant #42 Transfers in the amount of $15,805.98
Warrant #43 Refunds in the amount of $14,073.56
Warrant #44 Expenses in the amount of $54,272.01
Warrant #45 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,959,617.86
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Agenda Item #9-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the eight (8) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department
and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #10-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. George T. Flanagan, Police Department, Police Sergeant, for 4 months of employment with the Springfield Police Department.
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
• Correspondence from PERAC regarding the 1-1-20 Actuarial Valuation
• September 3, 2020 Meeting to discuss and consider funding schedules as a result of the 1-1-20 Actuarial Valuation
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
July PRIT Fund Update
Boston Millennia Quarterly Update
Crescendo Ventures Quarterly Update
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of July
Budget Balances as of August
Monthly Transfers for August
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash flow
Next Monthly Board Meeting: October 14, 2020 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.