AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meetings held on August 1, 2018 and August 27, 2018.
Agenda Item #2–MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A
Compliance of 91A reporting / 91A Terminations
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Lori Lefebvre-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Lori Lefebvre, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Jeffrey Litchfield-Facilities
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Jeffrey Litchfield, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Jose Alves-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Jose Alves, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #6-Accidental Disability Application-Christopher Fontaine-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Christopher Fontaine.
Agenda Item #7-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Early D. Crenshaw, Sr. Park Foreman, Park Department with 38 years and 6 months as of 9/8/18
2. Frank Fossa, Sergeant, Police Department with 38 years and 4 months as of 10/31/18
3. Paula Kenney, Special Projects Coordinator, Police Department with 41 years and 1 month as of 9/8/18
4. Donna McKellick, Paraprofessional, School Department with 10 years as of 10/4/18
5. Georgann Moreau, Principal Clerk and Typist, School Department with 16 years and 9 months as of 8/11/18
6. Joy Owens, Facilities Designer, Facilities Management with 12 years and 4 months as of 9/6/18
7. Thomas Scanlon, Police Officer, Police Department with 33 years and 2 months as of 9/15/18
8. Frances Schnare, Principal Clerk, School Department with 31 years as of 11/1/18
9. Maureen Sullivan, Paraprofessional, School Department with 31 years and 2 months as of 9/29/18
Agenda Item #8-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #34 Refunds in the amount of $108,939.66
Warrant #35 Transfers in the amount of $98,893.97
Warrant #36 Refunds in the amount of $19,486.85
Warrant #37 Refund in the amount of $2,159.97
Warrant #38 Expenses in the amount of $54,582.26
Warrant #39 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,489,859.84
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,150,000.00
Agenda Item #9-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the forty (40) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #10-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Jerry Moore Jr., Security Guard, School Department, for 4 months of employment at the School Dept. as a part-time Security Guard.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Miguel A. Santiago, Skilled Laborer II, Water & Sewer, for the refund from the State Board of Retirement in 2018.
2. Lukas Zebrowski, Maintenance Craftsman, DPW, for the refund from the Chicopee Retirement System in 2017.
Agenda Item #11-Benefits under Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Harold Kane of the Fire Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #12-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
• PERAC Audit Report
• Update on 2018 Affidavit Verification Forms
Agenda Item #13-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #14-Requests for Proposals-Legal Services
Vote to consider an Attorney/Legal Firm from the responses received for Legal Services.
Agenda Item #15-Old Business
Agenda Item #16-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #23-Reinstatement to Service under G.L. c. 32, Section 105
• #24-Cost of Living Increase for Supplemental Dependent Allowance Paid to Accidental Disability Retirees and Accidental Death Survivors
• #25-Allowable Earnings Determination, pursuant to G.L. c. 32, Section 91A
• PERAC 2017 Annual Report
• July PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of July
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of June
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
• Budget Balances as of August
• Monthly Transfers for August
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: October 3, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.