AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON OCTOBER 3, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meetings held on September 12, 2018.
Agenda Item #2–MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A
Compliance of 91A reporting / 91A Terminations
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Lori Lefebvre-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Lori Lefebvre, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel. Tabled from the September 12, 2018 meeting.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Margaret Cahillane-Facilities
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Margaret Cahillane, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel. Tabled from the August 1, 2018 meeting.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Mark Anthony-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Mark Anthony, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #6-Accidental Disability Application-Nelson Fiega - Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Nelson Fiega.
Agenda Item #7-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Cynthia Diaz, Crossing Guard, School Department with 19 years and 5 months as of 9/22/18
2. Peggy Fontanez, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department with 13 years as of 9/22/18
3. Laura Jensen, IT Technician, School Department, with 20 years and 3 months as of 10/9/18
4. Kathleen Scott, Senior Clerk Typist, Health Department with 10 years and 11 months as 9/29/18
Agenda Item #8-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #40 Transfers in the amount of $ 251,709.99
Warrant #41 Refunds in the amount of $ 58,673.58
Warrant #42 Refunds in the amount of $ 115,902.53
Warrant #43 Expenses in the amount of $899,339.75
Warrant #44 Expenses in the amount of $58,762.67
Warrant #45 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,470,166.29
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $ 5,475,000.00
Agenda Item #9-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-nine (29) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #10-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Michael Kervick, Police Officer, Police Department for 7 months of employment at the DPW as a Laborer.
2. Jospeh Tobin, Park Foreman, Parks Department for 5 months of employment at the Park Department as a Laborer.
3. David Cuoco, Athlethic Fields/Bright Night Coordinator, Park Department for 3 years and 1 month of employment at the Parks Department as a Laborer.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Gladys Oyola, Elections Commissioner, Board of Elections Commission, for the refund from the State in 1994.
2. Benjamin Castellano, Coordinator, School Department, for the refund from the State in 2017. This refund included State and Holyoke service.
3. Germaris Pinero, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2012.
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
• Discussion of the 2019 Administrative Budget
• Update on 2018 Affidavit Verification Forms
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #26-Regular Compensation Status of Payments Made in Lieu of Unused Leave Time
• #27-Direct Deposit Scam
• #28-Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 4th Quarter 2018
• #29-Tobacco Company List
• August PRIT Fund Update
• Crescendo Ventures-Distribution Information
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of August
• Budget Balances as of September
• Monthly Transfers for September
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: November 14, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.