AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 6, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on October 9, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-Ordinary Disability Application-Linda Franklin-Division of Health & Human Services
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Linda Franklin.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Edward Seder-Police Department
Vote to consider the Clarification response of the medical panel regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Edward Seder.
Agenda Item #4-Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications-Kiesha Fairley-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #5-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Joshua Mastey-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi.
Agenda Item #6- Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications-Dennis Leger-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Bernard Calvi, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #7-Accidental Disability Application-Kris Brown-Department of Public Works
Vote to consider the results of additional testing as well as the prior responses of the medical panel clarification regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Kris Brown. Tabled from August 7, 2019 meeting.
Agenda Item #8-Accidental Disability Application-Michael Perrot-Facilities Management
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Michael Perrot, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #9-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Thomas Dziura, Senior Systems Engineer, School Department with 13 years and 9 months as of 1/4/2020
2. Carol Lincoln, Crossing Guard, School Department with 12 years and 3 months as of 10/30/19
3. Richard Mastroianni, Clean City Manager, Park Department with 38 years and 4 months as of 10/19/19
4. Zulma Perez-Trinidad, Paraprofessional, School Department with 19 years and 5 months as of 11/1/19
5. Israel Trinidad, Senior Custodian, School Department with 13 years and 5 months as of 10/23/19
Agenda Item #10-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #52 Transfers in the amount of $76,401.93
Warrant #53 Refunds in the amount of $7,658.68
Warrant #54 Refunds in the amount of $65,348.59
Warrant #55 Expenses in the amount of $87,158.26
Warrant #56 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,708,806.81
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,650,000.00
Warrant #57 Expenses in the amount of $480.23
Agenda Item #11-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the seventeen (17) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #12-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Raymond Burton, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2019.
Agenda Item #13-Meeting dates for Calendar Year 2020
Set the meeting dates for 2020
Agenda Item #14–Benefits under Section 12(2)(d)
Vote to accept the election of 12(2)(d) benefits from the beneficiary of Carlos Velasquez of the School Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #15-Benefits under Section 9
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Kevin Welz of the Fire Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #16-Director’s Report
• MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
• Discussion and vote on the 2020 Administrative Budget
• Vote on Renovations to Springfield Retirement Office
Agenda Item #17-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #18-Old Business
Agenda Item #19-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #24-Appropriation Data Due October 31, 2019
• September PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of September
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of July and August
• Budget Balances as of October
• Monthly Transfers for October
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: December 4, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.