AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 14, 2018 AT 4:30 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Michael Nelligan from Powers and Sullivan (City outside Auditors)
To present an overview of the audit done of the Springfield Retirement System.
Agenda Item #2-Manager Performance Review & Discussion – PRIM
Paul Todisco from PRIM will be present.
Agenda Item #3-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on October 3, 2018.
Agenda Item #4-Benefits under Section 9
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Harold Kane of the Fire Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #5-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Application-Brian Phillips-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard Calvi, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #6-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Suzanne Andersen, Administrative Assistant for the Department of Information and Technology with 29 years as of 1/5/19
2. Charles Blake, Foreman, Park Department with 27 years as of 11/2/18
3. Maria Lafreniere, Administrative Assistant for the Springfield School Department with 27 years and 2 months as of 12/29/18
4. Cecile Martin, Senior Network Analyst for the Department of Information and Technology with 10 years and 4 months as of 1/5/19
5. Moraima Mendoza, Senior Center Director, Department of Elder Affairs with 10 years and 1 month as of 11/2/18
Agenda Item #7-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #46 Transfers in the amount of $73,320.93
Warrant #47 Refunds in the amount of $22,928.23
Warrant #48 Refunds in the amount of $246,629.07
Warrant #49 Refunds in the amount of $8,689.89
Warrant #50 Expenses in the amount of $81,901.73
Warrant #51A Expenses in the amount of $4,847.04
Warrant #51 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,505,140.16
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $3,475,000.00
Agenda Item #8-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the (18) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #9-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Chantal Keating, Vital Records Clerk, Clerk’s Department for 1 year 5 months of employment at the Water Department as a Seasonal Clerk Typist.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Jesus Martinez, Paraprofessional, School Department for the refund from Springfield in 2014. This refund included Holyoke service.
Agenda Item #10-Meeting dates for Calendar Year 2019
Set the meetings dates for 2019
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
• MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
• Update on MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Excess Earnings
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #30-Appropriation Data Due October 31, 2018
• #31-Disclosure of Compensation
• September PRIT Fund Update
• Boston Millennia Partners-Distribution Information
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of September
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of July and August
• Monthly Transfers for October
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: December 5, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.