AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON MAY 3, 2023 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on April 5, 2023.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability-Timothy Shink-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panels for the Involuntary Accidental Disability application for Timothy Shink submitted by Police Superintendent Cheryl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #3-Involuntary Accidental Disability-Misael Rodriguez-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panels for the Involuntary Accidental Disability application for Misael Rodriguez submitted by Police Superintendent Cheryl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #4-Superannuation Applications
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuation Applications:
1. William Cochrane, Deputy Chief, Police Department with 40 years and 10 months as of April 29, 2023.
2. Vincent Desantis III, Deputy Director, Department of Public Works with 37 years and 5
months as of May 19, 2023.
3. Robert Duval, Computer Technician, School Department with 27 years and 4 months as of June 1, 2023.
4. Barbara Greene, Paraprofessional, School Department with 26 years and 5 months as of
June 23, 2023.
5. Diane Henry, Specialist, School Department with 23 years and 8 months as of June 23, 2023.
6. Martin Kelly, Special Projects Manager, IT Department with 17 years and 2 months as of
July 1, 2023.
7. Michael Kervick, Lieutenant, Police Department with 31 years and 7 months as of June 3, 2023.
8. John Moran, Carpenter, Facilities Physical Plant with 25 years as of July 8, 2023.
9. Alexander Tollis, Firefighter, Fire Department with 25 years and 11 months as of April 21, 2023.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuation Calculations
Vote to approve the eleven (11) retirement allowance calculations as presented to the Board according to statute.
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #20 Refunds in the amount of $92,642.16
Warrant #21 Transfers in the amount of $271,248.29
Warrant #22 Refunds in the amount of $251,949.39
Warrant #23 Expenses in the amount of $1,208,264.17
Warrant #24 Retirement payroll in the amount of $7,428,029.37
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $7,200,000.00
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-seven (27) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems as presented to the Board. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-New Members
Vote to consider the sixty-six (66) New Members for membership due to their employment within the member units of the Springfield Retirement System as presented to the Board.
Agenda Item #9-Monthly Financial Reports
Vote to accept the monthly financial reports for the month of March as presented to the Board.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
Reports and Notices
o #12 Forfeiture of Retirement Allowance for Dereliction of Duty by Members
March PRIT Fund Update
Budget Balances as of April
Monthly Transfers as of April
Recent Retiree Deaths
List of Injury Reports
Monthly Cash Flow
Next Monthly Board Meetings: June 14, 2023 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.