AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON MARCH 6, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on February 6, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-COLA
Vote to consider the July 1, 2019 cost of living adjustment. Notice of this agenda item was sent to Mayor Sarno, the City Council, the Housing Authority, and the Water & Sewer Commission.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability Application-Edgardo Arroyo-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Edgardo Arroyo, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Charles Howard-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Charles Howard, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5- Involuntary Ordinary Disability Application-Paul Bradley-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Application for Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard Calvi.
Agenda Item #6-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. John Barbieri, Police Commissioner, Police Department with 30 years and 9 months as of 2/23/19
2. Gregory D. Brown, Working Foreman 1, Water and Sewer Commission with 28 years and 10 months as of 3/1/19
3. H David Cruz, Patrolman, Police Department with 31 years and 2 months as of 2/27/19
4. Kathryn Hardy, HR Manager, Springfield Housing Authority with 10 years as of 4/9/19
Agenda Item #7-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #7 Transfers in the amount of $6,113.11
Warrant #8 Refunds in the amount of $62,501.48
Warrant #9 Expenses in the amount of $337,408.48
Warrant #10 Expenses in the amount of $105,703.20
Warrant #11 Expenses in the amount of $1,580.74
Warrant #12 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,567,590.89
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #8-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty (20) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #9-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Christopher Doyle, Senior Custodian, Facilities Department for 6 months of employment with the School Department.
2. Darrin Fitzpatrick, Police Officer, Police Department for 1 year 6 months of employment at the DPW and Parks Departments.
3. John Wadlegger Jr., Police Sergeant, Police Department for 1 month of employment with the Parks Department.
Agenda Item #10-Request for Membership
Vote to consider the request for membership–City Councilor Orlando Ramos
Agenda Item #11- Director’s Report
• 2018 Annual Statement
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #11-Workers’ Compensation Data Match in PROSPER
• PERAC Correspondence-2018 Annual Statement of Earned Income
• January PRIT Fund Update
• Boston Millennia Partners-Distribution Information
• Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• After-Closing Trial balance and Reports through the month of December
• Budget Balances as of February
• Monthly Transfers for February
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: April 3, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.