The Springfield Retirement Board Meeting Scheduled for July 8, 2020 will be held remotely as a
Result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Public can access the meeting remotely via GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/806694669 . You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3412 - Access Code: 806-694-669
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JULY 8, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on June 10, 2020.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Juan Flores-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Juan Flores.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Christopher Benevento-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Christopher Benevento, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4 Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Louis Bourget, Senior Custodian, School Department with 35 years and 5 months as of 7/4/2020.
2. Robert Browne, Police Officer, Police Department with 34 years as of 7/7/2020.
3. Sara Centeno, Paraprofessional, School Department with 21 years and 9 months as of 7/3/2020.
4. Christopher Doyle, Senior Custodian, School Department with 34 years and 2 months as of 7/18/2020.
5. Edward Hiney, Police Officer, Police Department with 34 years and 9 months as of 7/4/2020.
6. Doreen Jakubasz, Paraprofessional, School Department with 22 years and 3 months as of 7/7/2020.
7. Sylvia Joseph, Billing Clerk, Health Department with 15 years and 7 months as of 6/6/2020.
8. Edmond Lonergan, Information Services Supervisor, Springfield Library with 38 years and 1 month as of 6/30/2020.
9. Norma Ortiz, Paraprofessional, School Department with 24 years and 8 months as of 6/20/20.
10. Janis Riley, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department with 43 years and 5 months as of 8/1/2020
11. Carol Tetrault-Leaders, Business Manager, Springfield Library with 28 years and 7 months as of 7/25/2020.
Agenda Item #5-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #32 Refunds in the amount of $11,612.59
Warrant #33 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,823,103.20
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Warrant #34 Expenses in the amount of $94,245.01
Warrant #35 Refunds in the amount of $23,797.43
Warrant #36 Transfers in the amount of $76,269.31
Agenda Item #6-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the (10) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #7-Director’s Report
Agenda Item #8-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #9-Old Business
Agenda Item #10-New Business
F. Y. I.
#23 – Tobacco Company List
#24 - PROSPER Security Update
May PRIT Fund Update
Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of May
Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of March and April
Budget Balances as of June
Monthly Transfers for June
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: August 5, 2020 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.