AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JULY 12, 2023 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on June 14, 2023.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability-Michael Knowlton-Springfield Housing Authority
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Michael Knowlton.
Agenda Item #3 -Superannuation Applications
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuation Applications:
1. Paul Blake, Senior Custodian, School Department with 11 years and 10 months as of July 7, 2023.
2. Mel Kwatowski, Lieutenant, Police Department with 31 years and 1 month as of July 19, 2023.
Agenda Item #4-Superannuation Calculations
Vote to approve the seven (7) retirement allowance calculations as presented to the Board according to statute.
Agenda Item #5-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #34 Expense in the amount of $1,461.04
Warrant #35 Refunds in the amount of $236,829.08
Warrant #36 Transfers in the amount of $366,520.35
Warrant #37 Refunds in the amount of $5,389.66
Warrant #38 Refunds in the amount of 27,218.38
Warrant #39 Expenses in the amount of $1,044,357.88
Warrant #40 Retirement payroll in the amount of $7,548,535.24
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,825,000.00
Agenda Item #6-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Kenneth Harris, Attendance Officer, School Department, for the refund from the State Retirement Board in 2016.
2. Milagros Johnson, Director Mayors Office of Con In, Law Department, for the refunds from the State Retirement Board in 1993 & 1999.
3. Hector Morales, Police Sergeant, Police Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2006.
4. Jennifer Oquendo-Adorno, Para Educator, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2022.
5. Vivian Vazquez Fontanez, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2018.
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the fifty (50) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems as presented to the Board. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-New Members
Vote to consider the forty-one (41) New Members for membership due to their employment within the member units of the Springfield Retirement System as presented to the Board.
Agenda Item #9-Monthly Financial Reports
Vote to accept the monthly trial balance, cash receipts, cash disbursements, journal entries and general ledger reports for the month of May as presented to the Board.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
• MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
• Executive Session – Litigation Discussion
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
Reports and Notices
o #14 Tobacco Company List
o #15 91A Prosper Tasks
o #16 Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training-3rd Quarter 2023
PERAC-GASB 67/68 Information
May PRIT Fund Update
Budget Balances as of June
Monthly Transfers as of June
Recent Retiree Deaths
List of Injury Reports
Monthly Cash Flow
Next Monthly Board Meeting: August 2, 2023 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.