AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JULY 10, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on June 12, 2019.
Agenda Item #2–MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A
Compliance of 91A reporting / 91A Terminations
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Applications-Robert Fancy-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Applications for Accidental and Ordinary benefits for Robert Fancy submitted by Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Applications-Keisha Fairley-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Christopher Guyer-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Christopher Guyer.
Agenda Item #6-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Kevin Kennedy, Chief Development Officer, Planning and Economic Development with 18 years as of 8/3/19
2. Laurie Lamoureaux, Paraprofessional, School Department with 28 years and 4 months as of 7/5/19
3. Patricia Letourneau, LPN, School Department with 11 years and 5 months as of 6/27/19
4. Elizabeth Weinschenk, Paraprofessional, School Department with 15 years and 4 months as of 6/18/19
5. Michael Scibelli, Fire Captain, Fire Department with 32 years as of 7/22/19
6. Albert Witkowsky, Sergeant, Police Department with 32 years and 11 months as of 6/29/19
Agenda Item #7-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #30 Transfers in the amount of $133,470.73
Warrant #31 Refunds in the amount of $181,286.11
Warrant #32 Expenses in the amount of $78,647.84
Warrant #33 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,594,104.59
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,610,000.00
Agenda Item #8-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the thirteen (13) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #9-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Lisa Goodrow, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department, for 1 year 2 months of employment with the School Department.
2. City Councilor Orlando Ramos, City Council, for 5 years 1 month of employment with the Springfield City Council.
Agenda Item #10–Benefits under Section 12(2)(d)
Vote to accept the election of 12(2)(d) benefits from the beneficiary of Linda Camano of the School Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
• Update on 2019 Affidavits - Benefit Verification Forms
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Harold Goodman, Jr./School Department-Hearing of Offset Claim on Third Party Recovery-Continued from the June 12, 2019 meeting.
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #17-Tobacco Company List
• May PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of May
• Crescendo Ventures-Distribution
• Budget Balances as of June
• Monthly Transfers for June
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: August 7, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.