AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON FEBRUARY 6, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on January 9, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Mark Anthony–Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Mark Anthony.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Jeffrey Litchfield-Facilities
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Jeffrey Litchfield.
Agenda Item #4-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Robert Burns, Foreman, Park Department with 37 years and 8 months as of 2/2/19
2. Trent Hufnagel, Captain, Police Department with 32 years and 7 months as of 2/9/19
3. Betty Keet, Crossing Guard, School Department with 45 years and 2 months as of 2/1/19
4. Henry Santaniello, Resident Manager, Water and Sewer Commission with 32 years as of 2/2/19
5. Joseph Tobin, Foreman, Park Department with 24 years and 8 months as of 2/2/19
6. Donald Tokarski, Mail Delivery Service Specialist, School Department with 17 years and 8 months as of 2/13/19
Agenda Item #5-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #1 Expenses in the amount of $ 9,756.54
Warrant #2 Transfers in the amount of $64,712.61
Warrant #3 Refunds in the amount of $177,003.22
Warrant #4 Expenses in the amount of $49,766.53
Warrant #5 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,591,907.37
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $ 4,900,000.00,
Warrant #6 Refunds in the amount of $5,005.97
Agenda Item #6-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the eleven (11) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #7-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. James Collins, Police Officer, Police Department, for 4 years 7 months of employment at the Parks, School, and Police Departments.
2. John Goonan, Junior Custodian, School Department, for 6 months of employment at the City of Chicopee - CETA program.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Joseph Boisseau, Skilled Laborer II, Water & Sewer, for the refund from the Westfield Contributory Retirement System in 2016.
2. Vernon Charles, Junior Custodian, School Department, for the refund from the State Board of Retirement in 2018.
3. Betty Gomez, Coordinator, School Department, for the refund from the Northampton Retirement Board in 2018.
4. Tiyra Johnson, Police Officer, Police Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 1995.
5. Marian Rainville, Licensed Practical Nurse, School Department for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 1987.
Agenda Item #8-Benefits Under Section 12(2)(d)
Vote to accept the election of 12(2)(d) benefits from Mrs. Nancy Chicklowski, surviving spouse of Kevin Chicklowski.
Agenda Item #9-Calendar for Retirement Board Member Election
Vote to adopt the election calendar, process, and designate the election officer.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #1- 840 CMR 10:10(3) & 10:15(4)–Annual Review of Medical Testing Fee
• #2- Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 1st Quarter 2019
• #3-2019 Limits under Chapter 46 of the Acts of 2002
• #4-2019 Limits under Section 23 of Chapter 131 of the Acts of 2010
• #5-COLA Notice
• #6-Actuarial Data
• #7-Buyback and Make-up Repayment Worksheets
• #8- 2019 Interest Rate set at 0.1 %
• #9-Accounting Changes
• #10-Administrative Reminders
• PERAC Correspondence-Biennial Review of Calculations for Board Accepting Waiver
• December PRIT Fund Update
• Pre-Closing Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of December
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of November
• Budget Balances as of January
• Monthly Transfers for January
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: March 6, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.