AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON DECEMBER 5, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on November 14, 2018.
Agenda Item #2- Accidental Disability Application-Kevin C. Welz-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Kevin C. Welz.
Agenda Item #3-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Obed Almeyda, Police Officer, Police Department with 31 years and 3 months as of 1/4/19
2. Michael Chapin, Police Officer, Police Department with 36 years and 6 months as of 1/2/19
3. Joseph A. Conant, Deputy Fire Chief, Fire Department with 32 years and 8 months as of 12/15/18
4. Julio Cornejo, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 3 months as of 1/4/19
5. Robert Howell, Director of IT Operations, School Department with 26 years and 3 months as of 1/5/19
6. Beate Lebeau, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department with 26 years and 3 months as of 1/10/19
7. Karen Mankus, Paraprofessional, School Department with 23 years and 8 months as of 1/5/19
8. Ricky Moran, Sergeant, Police Department with 37 years and 2 months as of 12/1/18
9. John Murphy, District Fire Chief, Fire Department with 32 years and 6 months as of 1/2/19
10. Francis Santaniello, Dispatcher, Fire Department with 11 years and 4 months as of 1/5/19
11. Pamela Sergienko, LPN, School Department with 10 years and 3 months as of 1/5/19
12. Thomas Sheehan, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 11 months as of 2/6/19
13. Eileen Shlosser, Senior Clerk Typist, School Department with 31 years as of 1/1/19
14. Olga N. Vasquez, Nursing Assistant, School Department with 12 years and 2 months as of 12/1/18
15. Steven Wood, Police Officer, Police Department with 31 years and 3 months as of 1/5/19
Agenda Item #4-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #52 Expenses in the amount of $568.19
Warrant #53 Transfer in the amount of $64,800.02
Warrant #54 Refunds in the amount of $112,146.38
Warrant #55 Expenses in the amount of $50,191.90
Warrant #56 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,484,582.53
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $4,960,000.00
Agenda Item #5-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty (20) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #6-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Benjamin Galas, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the State Board of Retirement in 2016.
2. Wilmaris Hernandez, Specialist, School Department, for the refund from the Hampshire County Retirement System in 2018.
3. Tracye Whitfield, City Councilor, City Council, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2017.
Agenda Item #7-Director’s Report
• Update on MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #8-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #9-Old Business
Agenda Item #10-New Business
F. Y. I.
• October PRIT Fund Update
• Boston Millennia Partners Quarterly Information
• Crescendo Ventures Quarterly Information
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of October
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of September
• Budget Balances as of October and November
• Monthly Transfers for November
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: January 9, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.