AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON DECEMBER 4, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on November 6, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. John Carolan, Sergeant, Police Department with 31 years and 7 months as of 1/4/2020.
2. William Fay, Junior Custodian C, School Department with 27 years and 4 months as of 11/20/19.
3. James Grindle, Auto Refuse Collector, DPW with 18 years and 10 months as of 1/3/2020.
4. Linda Mehrman, Crossing Guard, School Department with 33 years and 9 months as of 12/21/19.
5. Vincent Neffinger, District Fire Chief Commander, Fire Department with 32 years and 5 months as of 1/2/2020.
6. David Pagan-Ruiz, Police Officer, Police Department with 31 years and 2 months as of 1/3/2020.
7. Patricia Poehler, Associate City Solicitor, Law Department with 15 years as of 1/24/2020.
8. Louise Taylor, Vital Records Clerk, Office of the City Clerk, with 32 years as of 1/4/2020.
Agenda Item #3-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #58 Expenses in the amount of $2,957.90
Warrant #59 Transfers in the amount of $26,350.31
Warrant #60 Refunds in the amount of $69,757.02
Warrant #61 Expenses in the amount of $51,876.58
Warrant #62 Refunds in the amount of $10,801.21
Warrant #63 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,747,401.42
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,075,000.00
Agenda Item #4-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the seven (7) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #5-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Sandra Butler, Paraprofessional, School Department for 6 months of employment with the School Department.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Shauna Wilson, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Massachusetts Teachers’ Retirement System in 2017.
Agenda Item #6-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #7-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #8-Old Business
Agenda Item #9-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Pension News
• October PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of October
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• Boston Millennia-Quarter Report
• Budget Balances as of November
• Monthly Transfers for November
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: January 8, 2020
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.