The Springfield Retirement Board Meeting Scheduled for August 5, 2020 will be held remotely as a
Result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Public can access the meeting remotely via GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/500696581 . You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (872) 240-3412 - Access Code: 500-696-581
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON AUGUST 5, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on July 8, 2020.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications-Adam Rodriguez-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #3 Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Claire Jordan, LPN, School Department with 12 years and 8 months as of 7/23/2020.
2. Phyllis Jurkowski, Administrative Assistant, Springfield Museum Association with 18 years and 6 months as of 8/3/2020.
3. W. Shawn Kearney, Police Officer, Police Depatment with 33 years and 11 months as of 8/11/2020.
4. Joselito Lozada, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 10 months as of 7/25/2020.
5. Thomas McCall, Laborer, Department of Public Works with 26 years and 8 months as of 7/25/2020.
6. Thomas Morrow, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years as of 7/29/2020.
Agenda Item #4-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #37 Refunds in the amount of $82,743.81
Warrant #38 Refunds in the amount of $7,394.94
Warrant #39 Expenses in the amount of $102,321.75
Warrant #40 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,920,445.08
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Agenda Item #5-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the ( 7 ) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #6-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Nelson Escobar-Vidot, Facilities Physical Plant, Junior Custodian, for three years and 10 months with Facilities Physical Plant.
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Jose Perez, Springfield Housing Authority, Mechanic III, for 4 months of employment with the Springfield Housing Authority.
2. Christopher Slattery, Springfield Housing Authority, Mechanic III, for 4 months of employment with the Springfield Housing Authority.
Agenda Item #7-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #8-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #9-Old Business
Agenda Item #10-New Business
F. Y. I.
PERAC 2019 Investment Report
#25 - Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training - 3rd Quarter 2020
#26 – Reinstatement to Service under G.L. c. 32 Section 105
PERAC Pension News
June PRIT Fund Update
Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of June
Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of May and June
Budget Balances as of July
Monthly Transfers for July
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: September 2, 2020 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.