If you are unable to attend the Springfield Retirement Board Meeting in person, please notify the Springfield Retirement Office by 3:30 PM on Tuesday, August 2, 2022, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a link to attend the meeting remotely.
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
SPRINGFIELD DPW CONFERENCE ROOM
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON AUGUST 3, 2022 AT 4:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1:
• Discuss and vote to consider funding schedules as a result of the 1-1-22 actuarial valuation.
• Review financial information regarding a cost of living base increase and percentage increase.
Agenda Item #2-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on July 13, 2022.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Marques Barsh-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Marques Barsh.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Stephanie Oglesby-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Stephanie Oglesby and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Jeffery Hyde-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Involuntary Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Bernard Calvi.
Agenda Item #6-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Reinaldo Bermudez-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Involuntary Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Police Superintendent Cheryl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #7-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Roberto Matos-Police Department
Review and reconsideration of the vote taken by Springfield Retirement Board at the July 13, 2022 Board meeting regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Police Superintendent Cheryl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #8-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Colette Dufresene, Paraprofessional, School Department with 22 years and 11 months as of July 30, 2022.
2. Daniel Fredette, System Engineer, School Department with 28 years and 3 months as of August 13, 2022.
3. Paul Hardin, Greens Superintendent Assistant, Parks Department with 18 years and 3 months as of August 1, 2022.
4. Nancy Martinez, Paraprofessional, School Department with 34 years and 8 months as of August 1, 2022.
5. John Lataille, Senior Custodian, School Department with 20 years as of September 10, 2022.
6. Paige Loos, Paraprofessional, School Department with 17 years and 3 months as of August 8, 2022.
Agenda Item #9-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #39 Refunds in the amount of $240,555.71
Warrant #40 Expenses in the amount of $273,037.57
Warrant #41 Transfers in the amount of $160,656.56
Warrant #42 Refunds in the amount of $14,985.03
Warrant #43 Expenses in the amount of $8,634.20
Warrant #44 Retirement payroll in the amount of $7,331,759.95
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Agenda Item #10-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-three (23) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #11-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Sarah-Grace J. Burney-Nash, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Holyoke
Retirement Board in 2004.
2. Victoria Moson, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement
System in 2021.
3. Leon Spradley, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2015.
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Jason A. Garner, Senior Treasury Analyst, Treasurer’s Department, for 3 months of employment with
the Elections Department.
Agenda Item #12-Discussion of COLA Base Increase and Cost of Living Percentage Increase
Vote to consider a COLA Base Increase and a Cost of Living Percentage Increase.
Agenda Item #13-Director’s Report
• Update on MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
• PERAC Memos regarding Open Meeting Law
Agenda Item #14-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #15-Old Business
Agenda Item #16-New Business
F. Y. I.
#18-Expiration of Open Meeting Law Waiver
#19-Extension of Open Law Waivers
#20-Reinstatement to Service and Application for Reinstatement to Service
#21-Vernava II – Important Update
June PRIT Fund Update
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of June
Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of May
Budget Balances as of July
Monthly Transfers for July
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash Flow
Next Monthly Board Meeting: September 7, 2022 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.