AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON APRIL 3, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on March 6, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Edward Seder-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Edward Seder, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #3-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Applications-Charles Howard-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Former Commissioner John Barbieri and Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Application-Robert Fancy-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Christopher Guyer-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Christopher Guyer, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #6-Accidental Disability Application-Jose Alves-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel clarification regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Jose Alves.
Agenda Item #7-Accidental Disability Application-Gerald Larose-Building Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Gerald Larose, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #8-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Joseph Barker, Lieutenant, Fire Department with 31 years as of 5/3/19
2. Geneva Caffee, Library Associate, Springfield Library with 28 years and 3 months as of 3/30/19
3. Linda Dion-Landry, Insurance Clerk, Personnel Department with 33 years and 9 months as of 6/29/19
4. Donald Garvey, Skilled Laborer II, Water & Sewer Commission with 16 years and 9 months as of 4/12/19
5. Gerald Larose, Zoning Code Inspector, Building Department with 11 years and 4 months as of 3/13/19
6. John Lewis, Zoo Coordinator, Park Department with 38 years and 1 month as of 4/13/19
7. Frances Rooke, Community Health Advocate, Health Department, with 17 years and 11 months as of 4/16/19
8. Margaret Skelley, Senior Clerk, Springfield Library with 32 years as of 4/13/19
Agenda Item #9-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #13 Transfers in the amount of $117,874.77
Warrant #14 Refunds in the amount of $169,409.20
Warrant #15 Expenses in the amount of $ 52,110.44
Warrant #16 Expenses in the amount of $ 87,294.79
Warrant #17 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,563,223.48
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #10-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-one (21) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #11-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. David Cotter, Deputy Director, Housing Department, for 1 month of employment at the Code Enforcement Department.
2. Martin Lobik, Sanitary Engineer, Water & Sewer Department, for 1 year of employment at the DPW and Water Departments.
3. Garrett Sullivan, Administrative Officer, Fire Department, for first 6 months of employment at the Collectors Department.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Kencin Junior II, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2017.
2. Jasmine Milner Abakeh, Licensed Practical Nurse, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2014.
Agenda Item #12-Benefits under Section 9/Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Gary Mitchell of the Police Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #13- Director’s Report
• Vendor Disclosure Forms
• M.G.L. Chapter 32, Section 8 – James Moriarty
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #14-Attorney’s Report
• Luis Astacio v. Springfield Retirement Board
Agenda Item #15-Old Business
Agenda Item #16-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #12-Tobacco Company List
• February PRIT Fund Update
• PRIM Correspondence–PRIT Compliant Presentation FY 2018
• PRIM Correspondence-PRIM GIPS Standards
• Crescendo Ventures-Distribution Information
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the months of January and February
• Budget Balances as of March
• Monthly Transfers for March
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: May 1, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.