AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON OCTOBER 4, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on September 6, 2017.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications Jaquan Davis/Fire Department
Vote to consider the Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications submitted by Fire Commissioner Joseph Conant, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability-Mark Giannini/Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Mark Giannini.
Agenda Item #4-Michael Nelligan from Powers and Sullivan (City outside Auditors)
To present an overview of the audit done of the Springfield Retirement System.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Evelyn Ayala, Paraprofessional, School Department, with 17 years and 11 months as of 11/24/17
2. Catherine M. LaPine, Paraprofessional, School Department, with 20 years and 6 months as of 10/21/17
3. Frank Lewinski, Motor Equip Repair, Police Department, with 11 years and 10 months as of 10/7/17
4. Joan Pavia, Paraprofessional, School Department, with 10 years and 4 months as of 10/8/17
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #42 Refunds in the amount of $252,071.26
Warrant #43 Refunds in the amount of $27,447.32
Warrant #44 Transfers in the amount of $28,866.94
Warrant #45 Refunds in the amount of $4,769.50
Warrant #46 Expenses in the amount of $4,435.55
Warrant #47 Expenses in the amount of $66,065.66
Warrant #48 September Retiree allowances in the amount of $6,306,203.38
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,500000.00
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the fifteen (15) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Katherine Shea, Education Coordinator, Parks Department, purchasing 2 months at the Parks Department as a Recreational Leader in 2005.
Agenda Item #9-Director’s Report
• MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
• Update on MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Excess Earnings
• Update on Benefit Verification Forms/Affidavits
• Discussion of the 2018 Administrative Budget
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #10-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #11-Old Business
Agenda Item #12-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #28 Selection of Fifth Member and Board Employees
• #29 Vendor Disclosures
• August PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of August
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of July
• Budget Balances as of September
• Monthly Transfers for September
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Crescendo Ventures Distribution Information
Next meeting: November 1, 2017
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.