AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JANUARY 3, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on December 6, 2017.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Richard Benoit/Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner John Barbieri.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Ginny Lapointe/School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Ginny Lapointe.
Agenda Item #4-MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A Hearing-Excess Earnings-Christian Bach/Police Department
Hearing to discuss excess earnings under MGL Chapter 32, Section 91A. Rescheduled from December 6, 2017 Meeting.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Peter Albano, Sergeant, Police Department with 38 years and 1 month as of 1/3/18
2. Debra Bourque, Paraprofessional, School Department with 25 years and 10 months as of 1/1/18
3. Thomas Douglas, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 3 months as of 1/3/18
4. Christopher Fontaine, Firefighter, Fire Department with 30 years and 5 months as of 1/3/18
5. Daniel Gauthier, Dispatcher, Police Department with 23 years and 4 months as of 12/20/18
6. Maria Gomes, Purchasing Agent, Procurement with 17 years and 7 months as of 1/8/18
7. Sandra Johnson, Nurse, Health Department with 22 years as of 1/17/18
8. Kathleen Kozakiewicz, Detention Attendant, Police Department with 29 years and 3 months as of
9. Kevin Lee, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 9 months as of 1/3/18
10. Michael Murphy, Police Officer, Police Department with 35 years and 8 months as of 1/3/18
11. Robert Noble, Captain, Fire Department with 30 years and 6 months as of 1/6/18
12. Linda Parent, Insurance Director, Personnel Department with 19 years and 1 month as of 2/3/18
13. George Quinones, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years and 1 month as of 1/4/18
14. James Rosso, Captain, Police Department with 34 years and 9 months as of 1/3/18
15. Anna Santana, Paraprofessional, School Department with 10 years and 3 months as of 1/2/18
16. Craig Staples, Police Officer, Police Department with 37 years and 9 months as of 2/1/18
17. James Tucker, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years and 11 months as of 1/4/18
Vote to consider the request to rescind a Superannuation Application:
1. Matthew Donnellan, HR Manager, Water & Sewer Commission
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant # 59 Refunds in the amount of $177,630.12
Warrant # 60 Expenses in the amount of $75,982.82
Warrant # 61 December Retiree allowances in the amount of $ 6,228,616.95
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $ 5,250,000.00
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty seven (27) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Thomas M. Ashe, City Councilor, purchasing 6 years in School Committee from 2000 to 2005.
Agenda Item #9-Director’s Report
Agenda Item #10-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #11-Old Business
Agenda Item #12-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #35 Forfeiture of Retirement Allowance for Dereliction of Duty by Members
• #36 Information Needed for Calculation Approvals
• #37-3(8)(c) Reimbursements and PERAC Calculation Policy 15-001
• #38-2017 Disability Data
• November PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of November
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of October
• Budget Balances as of December
• Monthly Transfers for December
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: February 7, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel