AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON FEBRUARY 13, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on January 3, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Board Chairman and Vice-Chairman
Vote to reaffirm the appointment of Board Chairman and Vice-Chairman.
Agenda Item #3-Involuntary Accidental and Ordinary Disability-Keola Perry/Police Department
Vote to consider the clarification of the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Application for Accidental and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner John Barbieri. Tabled from November 1, 2017 meeting.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Kris Brown/DPW-Solid Waste Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Kris Brown, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Christopher Fontaine/Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Christopher Fontaine, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #6-Accidental and Ordinary Disability-Daniel Gauthier/Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Daniel Gauthier.
Agenda Item #7-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Ellen Angeli, Senior Systems Developer, IT Department with 37 years and 9 months as of 5/5/18
2. James E. Beucke, Senior Inspector, Water & Sewer Commission with 40 years as of 3/10/18
3. John Bobianski, Lieutenant, Police Department with 35 years and 3 months as of 1/19/18
4. Peggy Bowling Bates, Paraprofessional, School Department with 11 years and 2 months as of 2/6/18
5. Karen Jordan, Library Associate, Springfield Library with 13 years and 5 months as of 1/27/18
6. Gary Lantaigne, Transportation Coordinator, School Department with 10 years as of 3/17/18
7. Dennis O’Brien, Maintenance Foreman, Facilities with 31 years and 6 months as of 1/20/18
8. Christopher Pohner, Firefighter, Fire Department with 30 years and 9 months as of 2/1/18
9. Ann Randall, LPN, School Department with 26 years and 3 months as of 2/27/18
10. Christopher Spears, Firefighter, Fire Department with 33 years as of 2/21/18
11. Raymond Wyszynski, Police Officer, Police Department with 24 years and 7 months as of 3/4/18
Agenda Item #8-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant # 1-2018 Expenses in the amount of $55,176.35
Warrant # 2-2018 Refunds in the amount of $93,428.79
Warrant # 3-January Retiree allowances in the amount of $6,289,966.52
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,060,000.00
Agenda Item #9-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the sixteen (16) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #10-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Christopher Hitas, Police Officer, purchasing 2 years and 6 months at the Police Department as a Cadet from 1990 to 1992.
2. Paula Thayer, Parks Department, purchasing 4 years at the Parks Department in 1991-1993, and 1995.
3. Gary Velozo, Working Maintenance Forman, Streets, purchasing 1 year at the DPW Department as a Seasonal Skilled Laborer from 1985 to 1986.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
4. Bettina Meade , Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from Springfield
Retirement in 2017.
5. Rebecca Treat, Dispatcher, Dispatch Department, for the refund from Springfield Retirement in 2014.
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #1- 2018 Limits under Chapter 46 of the Acts of 2002
• #2- 2018 Limits under Section 23 of Chapter 131 of the Acts of 2010
• #3- COLA Notice
• #4- Tobacco Company List
• #5- Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 1st Quarter 2018
• #6-Buyback and Make-up Repayment Worksheets
• #7-NCPERS 2018 State and Federal Legislation Webcast-Three Credits
• #8-840 CMR 10:10(3) & 10:15(4)-Annual Review of Medical Testing Fee
• #9-Actuarial Data
• #10-2018 Interest Rate set at 0.1%
• PERAC Pension News
• PRIM-Annual CAFR Report-FY 2017
• December PRIT Fund Update
• Pre-Closing Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of December
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of November
• Budget Balances as of January
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Information
• Monthly Transfers for January
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: March 13, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.