AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON APRIL 4, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on March 20, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Eric Walker/School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Eric Walker, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #3-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Application-James Griffin/Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Application for Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard Calvi.
Agenda Item #4-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. John Delaney, Sergeant, Police Department with 37 years and 7 months as of 3/31/18
2. Linda Fitzpatrick, City Council Clerk, Office of the City Clerk with 30 years and 2 months as of 6/2/18
3. Thomas Liebel, Police Officer/Court Liaison Officer, Police Department with 32 years as of 3/27/18
Agenda Item #5-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant # 9 Expenses in the amount of $908,456.88
Warrant #10 Expenses in the amount of $75,265.21
Warrant #11 Refunds in the amount of 1,081.24
Warrant #12 Transfers in the amount of $47,024.75
Warrant #13 Refunds in the amount of $247,382.00
Warrant #14 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,366,096.67 and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $ 5,900,000.00
Agenda Item #6-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty three (23) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #7-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Rafael Vega, Police Officer, purchasing 2 months at the Parks Department as a Seasonal employee in 1986.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
2. Aisha Price, District Clerk, purchasing 4 years at the Water and Sewer Commission as an Assistant Lab Technician from 2006 to 2010.
Agenda Item #8-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #9-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #10-Old Business
Agenda Item #11-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #15-Tobacco Company List
• February PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the months of January and February
• Boston Millennia Distribution Information
• Budget Balances as of March
• Monthly Transfers for March
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: May 8, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.