AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON SEPTEMBER 11, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on August 7, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Miguel Reyes-Department of Public Works
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the application for Accidental Disability submitted by Miguel Reyes.
Agenda Item #3-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Deborah Ainsworth, Paraprofessional, School Department with 23 years and 10 months as of 11/1/19
2. John A Cirelli, Rink Manager, Park Department with 40 years as of 10/26/19
3. Maureen Neal, After School Coordinator, Park Department with 21 years and 10 months as of 8/30/19
4. Cheryl Reed, Paraprofessional, School Department with 11 years and 11 months as of 8/7/19
5. Kathleen Sheehan, Chief of Litigation, Law Department with 16 years and 11 months as of 9/5/19
6. Lois Stanley, Real Estate Analyst, Board of Assessors with 32 years and 5 months as of 9/20/19
7. Lauren Thompson, Occupational Therapy Assistant, School Department with 18 years as of 9/6/19
Agenda Item #4-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #42 Transfers in the amount of $9,782.66
Warrant #43 Refunds in the amount of $192,884.86
Warrant #44 Expenses in the amount of $55,095.60
Warrant #45 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,739,289.59
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,075,000.00
Agenda Item #5-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-two (22) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #6-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #7-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #8-Old Business
Agenda Item #9-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #21-Cost of Living Increase for Supplemental Dependent Allowance Paid to Accidental Disability Retirees and Accidental Death Survivors
• July PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of July
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
• Budget Balances as of August
• Monthly Transfers for August
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: October 9, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.