The Springfield Retirement Board Meeting Scheduled for October 14, 2020 will be held remotely as a
Result of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Public can access the meeting remotely via GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/945909613 . You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412 - Access Code: 945-909-613
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON OCTOBER 14, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on September 2, 2020 and September 3, 2020.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability-Adam Rodriguez-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Commissioner Cheryl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application–-Angel Decaro-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Angel Decaro.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application–Daren Womack-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Daren Womack.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Eduard Chuzzin, Paraprofessional, School Department with 11 years as of 9/3/2020.
2. Donald Clarke, Motor Equipment Operator with 31 years and 6 months as of 9/26/2020.
3. Robert J. Day, DPW, Auto Refuse Collection Driver with 32 years and 2 months as of 9/8/2020
4. Linda Grodofsky, Branch Supervisor, Library with 22 years and 4 months as of 9/19/2020.
5. Steven Levierge, Senior Custodian, School Department, with 38 years and 2 months as of 9/15/2020.
6. Connie Long, Paraprofessional, School Department, with 32 years as of 10/1/2020.
7. Carmen Pomales, Paraprofessional, School Department with 21 years and 9 months as of 9/18/2020.
8. Richard Prout, DPW, Auto Refuse Collection Driver with 27 years and 4 months as of 10/6/2020.
9. Gloria Ramos, School Department. Paraprofessional with 25 years and 6 months as of 9/19/2020.
10. Andrea Richards, Paraprofessional, School Department with 12 years and 4 months as of 10/3/2020.
11. Pamela Skura, Paraprofessional, School Department with 33 years and 1 month as of 9/10/2020.
12. Laura Sternowski, Paraprofessional, School Department with 30 years and 4 months as of 9/30/2020.
13. Frances Sticca, Senior Clerk, Library with 16 years and 10 months as of 9/12/2020.
14. Eddie Williamson, DPW, Auto Refuse Collection Driver with 32 years and 6 months as of 10/3/2020.
15. Moises Zanazanian, Police Sergeant, Police Department with 34 years as of 9/22/2020.
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #46 Expenses in the amount of $1,079.15
Warrant #47 Expenses in the amount of $2,107.04
Warrant #48 Refunds in the amount of $36,273.03
Warrant #49 Refunds in the amount of $1,889.23
Warrant #50 Expenses in the amount of $65,027.81
Warrant #51 Refunds in the amount of $62,949.83
Warrant #52 Expenses in the amount of $1,856.58
Warrant #53 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,938,660.19
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-six (26) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Benefits under Section 9
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Leonard Grundstrom of the Fire Department-Deceased.
Agenda Item #9-Benefits under Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Gary Kelley of the Fire Department-Deceased.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
Discussion and vote on the 2021 Administrative Budget
Retirement Board Member Election
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
#27–Regular Compensation and Creditable Service Status of Certain Leaves
#28-Tobacco Company List
#29-Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 4th Quarter 2020
#30-Compliance with the 2019-91A Process
#31-Appropriation Data Due October 31, 2020
PERAC Correspondence-Approval of Funding Schedule
PERAC-GASB 67 and 68 Information
August PRIT Fund Update
Crescendo Ventures Distribution
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of August
Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of July and August
Budget Balances as of September
Monthly Transfers for September
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash flow
Next Monthly Board Meeting: November 4, 2020 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.