The Springfield Retirement Board Meeting Scheduled for December 16, 2020 will be held remotely as a Result of the COVID-19 pandemic. This meeting was rescheduled from December 9, 2020. The Public can access the meeting remotely via GoToMeeting at https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/881986909 .
You can also dial in using your phone.
United States: +1 (224) 501-3412 - Access Code: 881-986-909
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON DECEMBER 16, 2020 AT 4:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Michael Nelligan from Powers and Sullivan
To present an overview of the audit done of the Springfield Retirement System.
Agenda Item #2-Manager Performance Review & Discussion – PRIM
Paul Todisco, Francesco Daniele and Emily Green from PRIM will present an overview.
Agenda Item #3-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on November 4, 2020.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Robert Day-Department of Public Works
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Robert Day, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application–-Juan Guzman-Springfield Housing Authority
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Juan Guzman.
Agenda Item #6-InvoluntaryAccidental Disability Application–Michael Raimer-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi.
Agenda Item #7-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Warren Barnett, Firefighter, Fire Department with 30 years as of 1/9/2021.
2. Michael Dowd, Police Officer, Police Department with 31 years and 6 months as of 1/19/2021.
3. Kimberley Gale, HR File and Records Coordinator, Personnel with 16 years and 1 month as of 11/22/2020.
4. Joseph Korman, Traffic Signal Technician, DPW with 37 years and 6 months as of 1/9/2021.
5. Leonard Stadnicki, Mechanic 1, Springfield Housing Authority with 20 years and 2 months as of 1/2/2021.
6. Steven Stathis, Environmental Health Director, Health and Human Services Department with 37 years and 5 months as of 1/9/2021.
7. Robert Tardiff, Police Captain, Police Department with 31 years and 5 months as of 1/2/2021.
Agenda Item #8-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #61 Refunds in the amount of $62,668.55
Warrant #62 Refunds in the amount of $10,000.00
Warrant #63 Transfers in the amount of $20,986.37
Warrant #64 Expenses in the amount of $56,904.40
Warrant #65 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,983,528.76
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Agenda Item #9-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the fifteen (15) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #10-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Rowina Blanco, Inspections Clerk, Springfield Housing Authority, for the refund from the Worcester Retirement System in 2003.
2. Jorge Caldero, Police Academy Officer, Police Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2016.
3. Amber Dyke, Site Coordinator, School Department, for the refund from the Massachusetts Teachers’ Retirement System in 2019.
4. Allison Emhoff, Site Coordinator, School Department, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2017
5. John Fortin, Junior Custodian, Facilities Physical Plant, for the refunds from the State Board of Retirement in 1985 and 1987.
6. Justin Hurst, City Council President, City Council, for the refund from the Massachusetts Teachers’ Retirement System in 2011.
7. Lizzy Ortiz, Project Manager, Community Development Department, for the refund from the Holyoke Retirement Board in 2019.
Agenda Item #11-Benefits under Section 12(2)(d)-12B
Vote to accept the election of 12(2)(d) benefits from the beneficiary of Joyce Westbrook of the School Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #12-Meeting dates for Calendar Year 2021
Set the meeting dates for 2021.
Agenda Item #13-Fiscal Year 2021 Appropriation
Agenda Item #14-Director’s Report
o MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A-Compliance of 91A Reporting and 91A Terminations
o MGL Chapter 32 Section 8-CME Process Compliance
o PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #15-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #16-Old Business
Agenda Item #17-New Business
F. Y. I.
o #33-PROSPER Benefit Calculation Submission is almost here
PERAC-Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2022
PERAC Pension News
October PRIT Fund Update
Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of September and October
Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of October
Budget Balances as of November
Monthly Transfers for November
Recent Retiree Deaths
Monthly Cash flow
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel. Items listed for discussion in Executive Session may be conducted in open session in addition to or in lieu of discussion in Executive Session.