AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON MAY 1, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on April 3, 2019.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Alberto Ayala-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the Involuntary application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Former Police Commissioner John Barbieri and Commissioner Charyl Clapprood.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Margaret Cahillane-Facilities
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Margaret Cahillane, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel. Tabled from the August 1, 2018 meeting.
Agenda Item #4-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Michael Cote, Firefighter, Firefighter, Fire Department with 31 years as of 5/10/19
2. Catherine Dagenais, Paraprofessional, School Department with 20 years and 1 months as of 4/23/19
3. Denis Desrosiers, LPN, School Department with 10 years as of 4/23/19
4. Brian Devivo, Working Foreman, Fire Department with 30 years and 6 months as of 4/20/19
5. Lawrence Fox, Dispatcher, Police Department with 14 years and 7 months as of 5/1/19
6. Danny Hall, Equal Opportunity Administrator with 30 years and 10 months as of 6/29/19
7. Alberto Hernandez, Plumbing Gasfitting Inspector, Building Department with 12 years and 1 month as of 4/27/19
8. Elizabeth Porchelli, Community Health Nurse with 27 years and 2 months as of 4/30/19
Agenda Item #5-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #18 Expenses in the amount of $2,215.58
Warrant #19 Transfers in the amount of $23,582.71
Warrant #20 Refunds in the amount of $128,766.53
Warrant #21 Expenses in the amount of $88,654.92
Warrant #22 Refunds in the amount of $4,142.98
Warrant #23 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,566,959.33
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #6-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twelve (12) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #7-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Steven Lavierge, Senior Custodian, Facilities Department for 6 months of employment with the School Department.
2. Lauren Stabilo, Chief Procurement Officer, Procurement Department for 5 months of employment with the Park Department.
3. Garrett Sullivan, Administrative Officer, Fire Department, for 1 month of employment with the Park Department.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Evan Cournoyer, Fire Lieutenant, Fire Department, for the refund from the Essex Regional Retirement System in 2004.
Agenda Item #8-Benefits under Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Carmelo Serafino of the Fire Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #9-Director’s Report
• Update on the Retirement Board Election
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #10-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #11-Old Business
Agenda Item #12-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #13-Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training–2nd Quarter 2019
• #14-Forfeiture of Retirement Allowance for Dereliction of Duty by Members
• #15-Application for a Waiver of Education Restrictions
• PERAC Pension News
• March PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of March
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of December, January and February
• Budget Balances as of April
• Monthly Transfers for April
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cashflow
Next meeting: June 12, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.