AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON MARCH 4, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on February 5, 2020.
Agenda Item #2-COLA
Vote to consider the July 1, 2020 cost of living adjustment. Notice of this agenda item was sent to Mayor Sarno, the City Council, the Housing Authority, and the Water & Sewer Commission.
Agenda Item #3-Ordinary Disability Application-Bonnie Watson-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Bonnie Watson, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application and Involuntary Ordinary Application-Xavier Cody-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Dennis Leger-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi.
Agenda Item #6-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Juan Martinez, Jr., Code Enforcement Inspector, Code Enforcement/Housing Division with 27 years and 4 months as of 2/14/2020.
2. David Rivera, Fire Marshall, Fire Department with 32 years and 8 months as of 4/5/2020.
3. Eugene Rooke, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 5 months as of 2/28/2020.
4. Garrett Sullivan, Administrative Officer, Fire Department with 25 years and 8 months as of 4/19/2020.
5. William Witherspoon, Police Officer, Police Department with 31 years and 2 months as of 3/7/2020.
Agenda Item #7-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #6 Transfers in the amount of $160.095.28
Warrant #7 Refunds in the amount of $111,080.71
Warrant #8 Refund in the amount of $1,222.41
Warrant #9 Expenses 3(8)(c)’s in the amount of $316,476.29
Warrant #10 Expenses in the amount of $101,207.48
Warrant #11 Expenses in the amount of $429.00
Warrant #11A Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,790,591.83
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #8-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the thirty-five (35) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #9-Director’s Report
• 2019 Annual Statement
• Vendor Disclosure Forms
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #10-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #11-Old Business
Agenda Item #12-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
o #11-Payment Required for Service Credited under G.L. c. 32, Section 4(2)(b)
o #12-IRS Determination Letters
• PERAC Pension News
• January PRIT Fund Update
• Boston Millennia-Distribution
• Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• After-Closing Trial balance and Reports through the month of December
• Budget Balances as of February
• Monthly Transfers for February
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: April 8, 2020 @ 5:00 P.M.
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.