AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON AUGUST 7, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1- Retirement Board Election Results
Agenda Item #2-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on July 10, 2019.
Agenda Item #3-Ordinary Disability Application-Linda Franklin-Division of Health & Human Services
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Linda Franklin, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Charles Howard-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the application for Accidental Disability submitted by Charles Howard.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Kris Brown-Department of Public Works
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel clarification regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Kris Brown.
Agenda Item #6-Accidental Disability Application-Brian Devivo-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Brian Devivo, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #7-Accidental Disability Application-Margaret Cahillane-Facilities
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Margaret Cahillane, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel. Tabled from the May 1, 2019 meeting.
Agenda Item #8-Accidental Disability Application-Lori Lefebvre-School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Lori Lefebvre, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel. Tabled from the October 3, 2018 meeting.
Agenda Item #9-Involuntary Accidental Disability Application-Joshua Mastey-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the Involuntary application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard J. Calvi, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #10-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Donald Boulay, Junior Custodian, Facilities Management with 13 years as of 9/28/19
2. Kelly Higgins, Paraprofessional, School Department with 20 years and 7 months as of 10/19/19
3. Kathleen Larose, Principal Clerk and Typist with 30 years and 5 months as of 9/14/19
4. Marilyn Vennell, Crossing Guard, School Department with 12 years and 11 months as of 8/13/19
Agenda Item #11-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #34 Expenses in the amount of $2,831.80
Warrant #35 Expenses in the amount of $7,442.22
Warrant #36 Refunds in the amount of $77,589.49
Warrant #37 Transfers in the amount of $183,986.44
Warrant #38 Expenses in the amount of $ 736.39
Warrant #39 Expenses in the amount of $898,104.61
Warrant #40 Expenses in the amount of $67,349.26
Warrant #41 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,679,127.33
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Agenda Item #12-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the fourteen (14) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #13-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Alan Bethea, Police Officer, Police Department for 5 months of employment with the Parks Department.
2. Kathleen Bonneau, Financial Analyst, Community Development Department for 1 year 2 months of employment with the Water Department.
3. Diane Fumo, Senior Clerk, Library Department for 1 year 10 months of employment with the Library Department.
4. Peter Garvey, Capital Asset Construction Director, Capital Assets Department for 2 months of employment with the Parks Department.
5. Lisa Willis, Police Budget Director, Police Department for 2 months of employment with Parks Department.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Chelsea Parmentier, Program Specialist, Springfield Housing Authority, for the refund from the Springfield Retirement System in 2018.
Agenda Item #14–MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A
Compliance of 91A reporting / 91A Terminations
Agenda Item #15-Director’s Report
• MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A – Excess Earnings
• Update on 2019 Affidavits - Benefit Verification Forms
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #16-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #17-Old Business
Agenda Item #18-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #19-Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 3rd Quarter 2019
• #20-Reinstatement to Service under G.L. c. 32 Section 105
• PERAC Pension News
• PERAC Annual Report-2018
• June PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of June
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of April, May and June
• Budget Balances as of July
• Monthly Transfers for July
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Monthly Cash flow
Next meeting: September 11, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.