The Springfield Retirement Board Meeting Scheduled for April 8, 2020 will be held via Conference Call as a result of COVID-19 and in accordance with PERAC Memo #15-2020. The Public can attend the meeting via conference call.
Conference Call: 413-784-4951
Conference Code: 690666
AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON APRIL 8, 2020 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on March 4, 2020.
Agenda Item #2-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Michael Brock, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 6 months as of 3/31/2020.
2. Robert C. Browne, Police Officer, Police Department with 33 years and 10 months as of 5/2/2020.
3. Arthur D’Ambrosia, Lieutenant, Police Department with 34 years and 7 months as of 3/17/2020.
4. Charlene Dickerson, Paraprofessional, School Department with 22 years as of 4/1/2020.
5. Marzieh Mosaddeghi, Paraprofessional, School Department with 29 years and 10 months as of 3/3/2020.
6. Thomas O’Malley, Skilled Laborer, Park Department with 11 years and 3 months as of 3/6/2020.
7. Gary Provost, Carpenter, Facilities Management with 12 years and 9 months as of 3/28/2020.
8. Francis Renschler, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years as of 5/6/2020.
Vote to consider the request to rescind a Superannuation Application:
1. Jeffery Brown, Working Foreman 1, Water and Sewer Commission
Agenda Item #3-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #12 Expenses the amount of $13,105.18
Warrant #13 Transfer in the amount of $143,732.28
Warrant #14 Refunds in the amount of $154,359.03
Warrant #15 Expenses in the amount of $1,000.00
Warrant #16 Refunds in the amount of $3,217.76
Warrant #17 Expenses in the amount of $58,266.83
Warrant #18 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,934,887.24
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #4-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-three (23) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #5-Benefits under Section 12(2)(d)
Vote to accept the election of 12(2)(d) benefits from the beneficiary of Jennifer Moulton-Proctor of the School Department-Deceased.
Agenda Item #6-Retirement Board Election Postponed
Update on the Impact on the Retirement Board Election due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Agenda Item #7-Director’s Report
Agenda Item #8-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #9-Old Business
Agenda Item #10-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
o #13-Updated Forms on the PERAC Website
o #14-Required Minimum Distribution: Still Age 70½ for This Year’s Notifications
o #15-Coronavirus Contingency Planning
o #16-Coronavirus Update
o #17-Coronavirus Impact
o #18-Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training - 2nd Quarter 2020
o #19-Tobacco Company List
• February PRIT Fund Update
• Boston Millennia-Distribution
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the months of January and February
• Budget Balances as of March
• Monthly Transfers for March
• Recent Retiree Deaths
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.