AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON NOVEMBER 1, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on October 4, 2017.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental Disability-Robert Williams/Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner John Barbieri.
Agenda Item #3-Involuntary Accidental and Ordinary Disability-Keola Perry/Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Application for Accidental and Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner John Barbieri.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application, Involuntary Accidental Disability Application and Ordinary Disability Application-Raymond Wyszynski/Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental Disability benefits and Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability benefits, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability-William Gagnon/Water & Sewer Commission
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by William Gagnon.
Agenda Item #6-Accidental Disability-Michael Surprise/School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Michael Surprise.
Agenda Item #7-Accidental Disability-William Mallett/School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by William Mallett, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #8-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. James Avezzie, Zone Chief, Facilities, with 42 years and 10 months as of 11/18/2017
2. Alan Pellerin, Working Foreman, DPW, with 27 years and 2 months as of 1/19/18
3. Dianne M. Normand, Paraprofessional, School Department with 20 years and 3 months as of 10/21/17
4. Filomena Tetrault, Paraprofessional, School Department with 24 years and 11 months as of 10/11/17
5. Raymond Wyszynski, Police Officer, Police Department with 24 years and 3 months as of 11/9/17
Agenda Item #9-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #49 Transfers in the amount of $34,557.33
Warrant #50 Refunds in the amount of $141,643.45
Warrant #51 Refunds in the amount of $8,632.23
Warrant #52 Expenses in the amount of $47,923.96
Warrant #53 October Retiree allowances in the amount of $6,261,253.82
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $4,660,000.00
Agenda Item #10-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the fourteen (14) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #11-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Edward Cass, Police officer, Police Department, purchasing 3 years and 4 months at the Police Department as a Cadet from 1989 to 1992.
2. John M. Keefe, Firefighter, Fire Department, purchasing first six months of employment as a Firefighter.
3. Heduin Rivera, Motor Equipment Operator, Solidwaste, purchasing 5 months at the Parks Department as a Seasonal Grounds Worker in 2007.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
4. Margaret Tokarski, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from Springfield
Retirement in 2004.
5. John M. Keefe, Firefighter, Fire Department, for the refund from Springfield
Retirement in 1983.
6. David L. Dunston, Security Guard, School Department, for the refunds from Springfield
Retirement in 1998 & 2005.
Agenda Item #12- Benefits under Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Russell Mercier of the Police Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #13-Meeting dates for Calendar Year 2018
Set the meetings dates for 2018
Agenda Item #14-Director’s Report
Agenda Item #15-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #16-Old Business
Agenda Item #17-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #30 Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training – 4th Quarter 2017
• #31 Appropriation Data Due October 31, 2017 and Appropriation Data Due October 31, 2017
• #32 Tobacco Company List
• September PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of September
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of August
• Budget Balances as of October
• Monthly Transfers for October
• Recent Retiree Deaths
• Boston Millennia Partners Distribution Information
Next meeting: December 6, 2017
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.