AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON MAY 8, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on April 4, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Ordinary Disability Application-Robin White/School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Robin White.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-William Mallett/School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding Accidental Disability benefits submitted by William Mallett.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Susan McCue/School Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Susan McCue, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Robert Adams, Firefighter, Fire Department with 32 years and 6 months as of 5/8/18.
2. Edward Casey, City Forester, Parks Department with 39 years and 9 months as of 5/2/18.
3. Louis G. Gaston, Lieutenant, Fire Department with 30 years and 7 months as of 4/20/18.
Agenda Item #6-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #15 Refunds in the amount of $120,275.32
Warrant #16 Transfers in the amount of $41,401.57
Warrant #17 Refunds in the amount of $23,948.47
Warrant #18 Expenses in the amount of $72,246.77
Warrant #19 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,376,160.80
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $4,975,000.00
Agenda Item #7-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty-five (25) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #8-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Anthony Amato, Firefighter at Fire Department, for 3 months of employment at the Parks Department as a Seasonal Worker.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
2. Lizbette Hernandez Martinez, Parent Facilitator, School Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2017.
3. Marc Mahoney, Weights and Measures Deputy Sealer, Building Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2011.
Agenda Item #9-Selection of Fifth Board Member
Vote to post the position of the Fifth Board Member.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #16-Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training-2nd Quarter 2018
• #17-Implementation of the Vernava Decision
• March PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of March
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the months of January and February
• Budget Balances as of April
• Monthly Transfers for April
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: June 12, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.