AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JUNE 12, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meetings held on May 8, 2018 and May 31, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-John M. Feudo/Water/Sewer Commission
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding Accidental Disability benefits submitted by John M. Feudo.
Agenda Item #3-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Dorothy Andersons, Paraprofessional, School Department with 29 years and 4 months as of 6/22/18.
2. Christine Barnes, Principal Clerk Typist, DPW with 32 years and 2 months as of 5/23/18.
3. Marianne Bigelow, Paraprofessional, School Department with 10 years as of 6/22/18.
4. Barbara Boucher, Paraprofessional, School Department with 39 years and 1 month as of 6/22/18.
5. Sandra Brais, Paraprofessional, School Department with 32 years and 4 months as of 6/22/18.
6. David Byrne, Inspector, Code Enforcement with 10 years and 5 months as of 6/30/18.
7. Kirk Cocchi, Junior Custodian, Springfield Museum with 17 years and 8 months as of 5/30/18.
8. Sean Condon, Police Officer, Police Department with 33 years and 5 months as of 8/9/18.
9. Dolores Crinella, Principal Clerk & Typist, School Department with 43 years and 4 months as of 7/28/18.
10. Matthew Donnellan, HR Manager, Water & Sewer Commission with 32 years and 7 months as of 6/30/18.
11. Michael Fitzgerald, Supervisor, Water & Sewer Commission with 41 years and 6 months as of 6/30/18.
12. Peter Georgeopolus, Security Guard, School Department with 10 years as of 6/26/18.
13. Maryann Hale, Accountant, Springfield Housing Authority with 30 years and 8 months as of 6/30/18.
14. Stephen Lawrence, ROTC Instructor, School Department with 26 years and 1 month as of 6/22/18.
15. Joanne Leonard, Customer Service Manager, Water & Sewer Commission with 39 years and 7 months as of 6/30/18.
16. Juan Lozada, Jr., Firefighter, Fire Department with 33 years and 3 months as of 5/20/18.
17. Barbara Matrow, Nurse, School Department with 26 years and 7 months as of 6/22/18.
18. Audrey McCloud, Paraprofessional, School Department with19 years and 6 months as of 6/22/18.
19. Donna Nehmer, Paraprofessional, School Department with 32 years as of 6/22/18.
20. Deborah Solomon, Principal Clerk & Typist, School Department with 25 years, 5 months as of 8/4/18.
21. Frank Tarantino, Junior Custodian, Facilities with 21 years and 9 months as of 6/23/18.
22. Pamela Wellman, Paraprofessional, School Department with 25 years and 9 months as of 6/24/18.
23. Charles Youmans, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 5 months as of 7/1/18.
Agenda Item #4-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #20 Transfers in the amount of $65,390.47
Warrant #21 Refunds in the amount of $154,645.17
Warrant #22 Expenses in the amount of $254,231.99
Warrant #23 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,362,613.80
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $5,025,000.00
Agenda Item #5-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty one (21) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #6-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Warner Donaldson, Lab/MEO/Hvy, Department of Public Works, for the refund from Springfield in 2017.
2. Steven Sykes, ROTC Instructor, School Department, for the refund from MTRS in 2003.
Agenda Item #7-Selection of Fifth Board Member
Vote to select the Fifth Board Member.
Agenda Item #8-Request for Proposals-Legal Services
Vote to begin the RFP Process for Legal Services.
Agenda Item #9-John Goncalves/Department of Public Works
Vote to accept the election of 12(2)(d) benefits from Mrs. Donna Goncalves, surviving spouse of John Goncalves.
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC 2017 Investment Report
• PERAC Correspondence-Approval of Funding Schedule
• PERAC Correspondence regarding the Actuarial Valuation as of January 1, 2018
• PERAC Pension News
• April PRIT Fund Update
• PRIM Correspondence-Top 100 Funds Article
• PRIM Correspondence-Private Equity
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of April
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of March
• Crescendo Ventures-Quarterly Report
• Boston Millennia-Quarterly Report
• Budget Balances as of May
• Monthly Transfers for May
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: July 11, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.