AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JULY 11, 2018 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on June 12, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Accidental Disability Application-Raymond Wyszynski-Police Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Raymond Wyszynski.
Agenda Item #3-Accidental Disability Application-Nelson Fiega-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Nelson Fiega, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Kevin Welz-Fire Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Kevin Welz, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Eric Walker-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Eric Walker.
Agenda Item #6-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Mark Anthony, Deputy Police Chief, Police Department with 35 years and 6 months as of 7/12/18
2. Kerry Hotaling, Civil Engineer I, DPW-Engineering, with 10 years 2 months as of 7/6/18
3. Dorothy McNamara, Accounts Payable, Police Department with 17 years and 6 months as of
4. Ann Marie O’Keefe, Community Health Nurse, Health Department with 31 years as of 6/30/18
5. Arthur Santos, Working Foreman II, Water & Sewer Commission with 24 years and 1 month as of
Agenda Item #7-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #24 Refunds in the amount of $34,106.08
Warrant #25 Transfers in the amount $151,667.76
Warrant #26 Refunds in the amount of $102,050.57
Warrant #27 Expenses in the amount of $82,397.17
Warrant #28 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,365,311.85
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $6,000,000.00
Agenda Item #8-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the nineteen (19) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #9-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the makeup of contributions to:
1. Kevin Fitzgerald, Police Officer, Police Department for 8 months of employment at the DPW Dept. as a Summer Laborer
2. Thomas Scanlon, Police Officer, Police Department for 2 years 2 months of employment at the Police Department as a Cadet.
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Gilberto Escobar, Paraprofessional, School Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2017.
2. Timothy Jackson, Police Academy Officer, Police Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2018.
3. Paula Kenney, Special Projects Coordinator, Police Department, for the refund from Springfield in 1990.
4. John Parrott, Police Academy Officer, Police Department, for the refund from West Springfield in 2016.
5. Sebastian Villanueva, Security Guard, School Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2015.
6. Danielle Witherspoon, Administrative Assistant, Veterans Department, for the refund from Springfield in 2011.
Agenda Item #10- Update on the Requests for Proposals-Legal Services
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
• 2018 Affidavit Verification Forms
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #18-Vernava Follow Up: Compliance with PERAC Memoranda
• #19-Tobacco Company List
• #20-PROSPER and Compliance with the 91A Process
• PERAC-GASB 67 and 68 Information
• PRIM Correspondence-CFA Society Boston Announcements
• May PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of May
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of April
• Budget Balances as of June
• Monthly Transfers for June
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: August 1, 2018
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.