AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON JANUARY 9, 2019 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meeting held on December 5, 2018.
Agenda Item #2-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Applications-Brian Phillips-Fire Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Involuntary Applications for Accidental/Ordinary benefits submitted by Fire Commissioner Bernard Calvi.
Agenda Item #3-Involuntary Accidental/Ordinary Disability Applications-Alberto Ayala-Police Department
Vote to consider the acceptance of the applications for Accidental/Ordinary Disability benefits submitted by Police Commissioner Barbieri.
Agenda Item #4-Accidental Disability Application-Harold Goodman, Jr.-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Harold Goodman, Jr.
Agenda Item #5-Accidental Disability Application-Jose Alves-School Department
Vote to consider the responses of the medical panel regarding the Application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by Jose Alves.
Agenda Item #6-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Louis Bortolussi, Police Sergeant, Police Department with 30 years and 1 month as of 1/2/19
2. Kimberly Brantley, Police Officer, Police Department with 22 years as of 1/27/19
3. Martha Coons, Librarian, Springfield Library with 19 years and 4 months as of 1/8/19
4. Kevin Fitzgerald, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years as of 1/25/19
5. Juan Flores, Police Officer, Police Department with 32 years and 6 months as of 1/5/19
6. Anne Hrobsky, Librarian, Springfield Library with 23 years and 6 months as of 1/19/19
7. Richard James, Grounds Worker, Park Department with 18 years and 8 months as of 1/19/19
8. Laurie Lappie, Mechanic, SHA with 13 years and 6 months as of 1/2/19
9. Thomas P. Murphy, Fire Lieutenant, Fire Department with 31 years and 9 months as of 1/3/19
10. Timothy O’Shea, Police Officer, Police Department with 31 years and 3 months as of 1/3/19
11. Judith Pouliot, Personnel and Data Administrator, Police Department with 35 years and 10 months as of 1/5/19
12. Israel Reyes, Police Officer, Police Department with 30 years as of 1/12/19
13. Vincent Valletti, Lieutenant, Fire Department with 32 years as of 1/7/19
14. Gary Velozo, Working Maintenance Foreman, DPW with 33 years and 4 months as of 2/2/19
15. Linda Wallengren, Senior Clerk, Springfield Library with 28 years as of 1/29/19
Agenda Item #7-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #57 Transfers in the amount of $ 98,056.47
Warrant #58 Refunds in the amount of $ 285,656.25
Warrant #59 Expenses in the amount of $79,795.13
Warrant #60 Retiree payroll in the amount of $6,549,450.53
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $ 5,675,000.00
Agenda Item #8-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twelve (12) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #9-Nominations for Chairman and Vice-Chairman
Vote to consider the Chairman and Vice-Chairman
Agenda Item #10-Director’s Report
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
Agenda Item #11-Attorney’s Report
Agenda Item #12-Old Business
Agenda Item #13-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #33- CRAB' s Order of Partial Stay Regarding Regular Compensation Status of Payments
Made in Lieu of Unused Leave Time
• #34-Tobacco Company List
• #35-2018 Disability Data
• PERAC Pension News
• PERAC-Appropriation for Fiscal Year 2020
• November PRIT Fund Update
• PRIM-Annual CAFR Report-FY 2018
• Crescendo Ventures Quarterly Information
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of November
• Treasurer’s Reconciliation for the month of October
• Budget Balances as of December
• Monthly Transfers for December
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: February 6, 2019
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.