AGENDA FOR THE SPRINGFIELD RETIREMENT BOARD MEETING
70 TAPLEY STREET, SPRINGFIELD, MA 01104
TO BE HELD ON AUGUST 9, 2017 AT 5:00 P.M.
Agenda Item #1-Minutes
Vote to consider approving the minutes of the meetings held on July 12, 2017 and July 26, 2017.
Agenda Item #2-Superannuations
Vote to consider the acceptance of the following Superannuations:
1. Barbara Dyer, Assessor Analyst, Assessor’s Office with 40 years as of 8/12/17
2. Rita Fiorentino, Senior Clerk, Police Department with 16 years and 1 month as of 8/4/17
3. Dana Hachigian, Forester, Water and Sewer Commission with 18 years and 8 months as of 8/31/17
4. Kathe Harbour, School, Manager-Magnet Program with 25 years and 11 months as of 9/30/17
5. John J. Kozuch, Senior Systems Developer, IT Department with 38 years and 1 month as of 8/1/17
6. Nilsa Nicole, Principal Clerk Typist, School Department with 40 years as of 9/6/17
7. Maria Rivera, Senior Clerk Typist, School Department with 24 years and 5 months as of 8/2/17
8. David Meehan, Asst Director of Municipal Buildings, Facilities, with 11 years and 1 month as of 9/1/17
Agenda Item #3-MGL Chapter 32 Hearing (Continued)/ Superannuation
Vote to consider the acceptance of Edward Mims’ Superannuation Application, Warehouse Foreman, Facilities
Agenda Item #4-Warrants
Vote to reaffirm the approval of the following warrants:
Warrant #31 Refunds in the amount of $132,444.91
Warrant #32 Expenses in the amount of $91,014.27
Warrant #33 July Retiree allowances in the amount of $6,275,675.43
and redemption from the PRIT fund in the amount of $0.00
Warrant #34 Expenses in the amount of $1,359.51
Agenda Item #5-Refunds/Transfers to Other Systems
Vote to consider the twenty (20) requests for refunds and transfers to other systems. The names have been submitted to their particular Department, the Law Department and the Massachusetts Department of Revenue.
Agenda Item #6-Redeposit of Refunds and Makeup of Contributions
Vote to consider the redeposit of refunds to:
1. Philip McBride III, Police Officer, Police Department, for the refund from Hampden County Retirement Board in 1990.
Agenda Item #7-Involuntary Accidental Disability, Involuntary Ordinary Disability and Involuntary Superannuation Applications-Richard Benoit/Police Department
Vote to consider the Involuntary Accidental Disability, Involuntary Ordinary Disability and Involuntary Superannuation Applications submitted by Police Commissioner John Barbieri, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #8-Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications
Michael Mitchell/Police Department
Vote to consider the Involuntary Accidental Disability and Involuntary Ordinary Disability Applications submitted by Police Commissioner John Barbieri, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #9-Accidental Disability-William Gagnon/Water & Sewer Commission
Vote to consider the acceptance of the application for Accidental Disability benefits submitted by William Gagnon, and request that PERAC convene a medical panel.
Agenda Item #10- Benefits under Section 101
Vote to consider survivor benefits to the beneficiary of Charles Allen, Jr. of the Police Department-Deceased
Agenda Item #11-Director’s Report
• MGL Chapter 32 Section 91A Update
• PERAC final approval of Retirement Benefits
• Update on Benefit Verification Forms/Affidavits
Agenda Item #12-Attorney’s Report
• Kevin Burnham-Consideration and Vote on parties’ agreement
Agenda Item #13-Old Business
Agenda Item #14-New Business
F. Y. I.
• PERAC Memos
• #21 Mandatory Retirement Board Member Training-3rd Quarter 2017
• #22 PROSPER and the Legal Review of Disabilities
• #23 MTRS c. 32, section 3(8)(C) Reimbursements
• #24 Cost of Living Increase for Supplemental Dependent Allowance Paid to Accidental Disability Retirees and Accidental Death Survivors
• #25 The Repeal of G.L. c. 32, § 90G¾
• #26 Access to PROSPER
• #27 Reinstatement to Service under G.L. c. 32 § 105 with Application
• PERAC Newsflash
• PERAC Correspondence-Forfeiture of Retirement Allowance for Dereliction of Duty by Members
• PERAC 2016 Annual Report
• June PRIT Fund Update
• Trial Balance, Adjusting Entries, Receipts, Disbursements and General Ledger for the month of June
• Budget Balances as of July
• Monthly Transfers for July
• Recent Retiree Deaths
Next meeting: September 6, 2017
The Board reserves the right to consider items on the agenda out of order. In addition, the Board may enter into Executive Session during the meeting if requested by the individual or as deemed necessary by the Board or its Legal Counsel.